Saturday, August 20, 2011

Packing

So I am new to this whole blogging thing but I will try my best to try to keep a regular blog while overseas. Anyway, here is the first entry, coming 4 days before departure. I started packing today and am beginning to realize that packing can be a bit of an art to be refined over time. A few people are doing this program for a year, I feel even worse for them since they will pretty much get the year-round St. Petersburg weather accordingly. I will only be gone until December 10th. As for packing, just bringing one suitcase and a carryon will be quite the challenge, especially if I want to take my skates. I realize this may be a pipe dream but I can't possibly imagine what it would/will be like to not skate in the Russian winter wonderland for three and a half months.

Before we hit St. Petersburg, we are off to London for two days. I never would have guessed that London would be the place I would be most worried about but in light of recent events, London seems slightly more worrisome. However, I am a bit nervous about the obvious in Russia: being able to communicate. I want to limit myself with my English speaking over there, but as I have only taken two semesters of college Russian, I know I will struggle when I get there. I say BRING IT ON. I am so ready/excited/nervous about this trip. Catch ya in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment